There’s nothing quite like the confidence boost that comes from a big, beautiful, white smile. A fortunate few may be born with perfect teeth, but for the rest of us – we have options thanks to the incredible dental advancements of the 21st century. Since the late 1990s, dental technology has evolved to not only be more widely available, but more cost-effective and more comfortable.
Even as recent as thirty years ago, cosmetic dentistry was unheard of. Unless you had a dental necessity for straightening your teeth, such as a severe overbite or crossbite that made it difficult to chew, speak, or swallow, it was unlikely that you would opt for braces. The same was true about veneers or dental implants – quite literally unless you were missing teeth and could not eat or speak clearly, only a small percentage of people would correct these issues for cosmetic reasons.
It’s Time for Confidence
Fortunately, things have changed. More and more people are choosing cosmetic dentistry and the result is a much more confident population with healthy, beautiful smiles. Here are a few of the most popular options.
- Whitening. Just say no to over-the-counter drugstore whitening treatments like toothpaste, trays, strips, or lights. You can whiten your teeth at the dentist’s office safely and efficiently in as little as one visit.
- Straightening. While traditional braces are still the more affordable option, especially for children and teenagers, Invisalign offers a discreet way to straighten your smile without ever tasting metal.
- Veneers. If you are embarrassed by the color, shape, or size of your existing natural teeth, then veneers might be a perfect choice. Veneers, often made of resin or porcelain, adhere to the surface of your natural teeth and can change the look of your smile entirely.
No Such Thing as Vanity
It is important to remember that choosing a cosmetic dental treatment is not a sign of vanity. When you choose to correct your smile with cosmetic dentistry, you will notice an improvement in other areas as well.
- Speech. When your teeth are aligned and corrected, even if it makes your smile more beautiful, it can have much more important results.
- Eating. Eliminating a crossbite isn’t just attractive, it can make eating more enjoyable and eliminate discomfort.
- Mental Health. Confidence is often chalked up to being prideful or vain, but the truth is that confidence puts us in a good state of mental health. There is nothing wrong with self-confidence or self-care.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Fort Collins
If you are ready to improve your smile and boost your confidence, please schedule an appointment with our excellent dentists at East Harmony. We have several options that can reveal the beautiful smile you have always wanted. We look forward to caring for your teeth.